Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Flying Delta to Europe soon? Check your itinerary!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DL has had major schedule changes; both my upcoming Europe itineraries had all the times changed--a few deps by an hour or hour and a half difference...and I got NO emails. it was just by accident that I went to my itineraries online and checked them.

One itin. for May got totally screwed up--the computer had me arriving at JFK from ATL at 4:55...two hours later than before...and my JFK-AMS flight leaving at 4:56!!! (1.5 hrs earlier than before) I'm on hold now getting a new flight from ATL to JFK. But I would never have known if I had not checked...I'm sweating here b/c it's an award ticket...why won't they take me off hold...mutter mutter...

Agent said computer has made several mistakes like this. Check your itinerary b/c you won't get an email!!
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Whew. Crisis averted. Got another flight. I asked the agent why I didn't get emails advising me of all the changes, and she did not have a good answer. "Keep checking back on delta.com for any possible schedule changes." Geez Louise.

Check those itineraries, folks!
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:04 PM

As to the "no e-mails" I think you can ditto this for about any airline out there IMO.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:08 PM

I had the same thing happen to me with Delta for our November trip. I called and they told me since it was only October when I had checked there might be more changes and they only notify you about a week in advance!
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:09 PM

Just had the same issue with United. I found out accidentally and got no e-mail or phone call. We are also traveling on miles so I was stunned when she said no flights home. We now have to stay overnight in Munich (connecting city) and fly home the next day.

On the other hand I got a call from Aegean with a schedule change. Go figure.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:13 PM

Some airlines provide email notices. I once got an email from BMI for a 5-minute schedule change.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:17 PM

This sort of thing has happened to me several times. Last year AA tried to route me through London after I had booked a direct flight from JFK to Zurich. I am always checking my itinerary online because I know how often this happens!