Flygirl's London photos finally online

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally, a few of my London photos from my trip over the Thanksgiving hols. There is a recurring theme in the photos, see if you can spot it. It may be tough to sort out! I was merciful and only put up 34 photos.

I do tend to take several of one thing or type of thing, in the hopes that just one would be enlarge-and-frame-worthy.

On worldisround.com, if you want to see some of my other photos, I put a few up in other categories. I have put a few up from Latin America (but not Peru, darn it) as well as some from France, Germany, Italy, Amsterdam, etc. It's always a work in progress.

You know, I've been to Europe about 2 dozen times now but most of my photos over the years are film and I still haven't gotten around to scanning them. And don't even get me started on the Rome film B&Ws I still have not developed. doh! once I get those up I'll post a link.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/131316/index.html

I hope you like them!
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 02:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Glad to see the red phone booths are still there. They got rid of alot. I enjoyed your photos, thanks
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 02:53 PM

Your photos are beautiful! Can't wait for my trip in 8 days!
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 02:54 PM

Awesome, flygirl! Thanks for sharing them with us.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

thanks everyone! I really have to start putting up all my other trip photos, in general. I went through about 15 of my albums over the weekend - nice to reminisce. (remember albums? the place you used to put photos before everything went digital?)

I have one from 1996 which was my month long road trip through various parts of the UK - Wales and Scotland included. One thing I definitely noticed is that either my photo-taking has improved or my equipment has. The compositions were good, but talk about washed out skies! I've definitely noticed digital seems to make the skies pop a lot more.

Tudorprincess, you have a fabulous time! Hope you put your photos up as well. Do you take digital ones?
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 05:32 AM

Very artistic photographs Flygirl!!! I love them. Thanks for the wonderful trip down memory lane.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 07:47 AM

Nice pictures .. they helped get me in the mood for our planned trip to London.

Re the phone booths: There was an amusing article in the Wall St Journal this morning about how so many London phone booths are being plastered with ads for prostitutes, and a British politician is on a campaign to block phone calls to those numbers. Apparently the landline telco has done so, but the cell phone companies are refusing to go along.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 08:09 AM

Thanks for posting, flygirl! Your photos reminded me of coming home from London a couple of years ago and how sorry I was that I hadn't bought one of the little phone booth magnets that we saw everywhere. They really say "London"!
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Original Poster

Allison, you gotta go back then! I have some of the booths, also black cabs, etc.

nonnafelice - funny! it is an odd mix, to have a revered old architectural symbol (and it was an architect who designed the box, right?) plastered with such trash from modern days.

Ann, glad you like them. my next project is to get older film photos up online. at minimum I need to use them for my VT pages.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 12:26 PM

flygirl- We take both digital and regular pictures. I was showing my husband your photos and told him we need to post ours as well.
I'll make a point of doing that when we return. I really loved the photo of the fountains at Trafalgar Square.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 05:45 PM

Nice collection of photos. I like the one on the left (Royal Observatory).
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 09:01 PM

flygirl

Very nice photos. Pictures like yours keep me going until I can get back to London. This city is also near and dear to my heart. Can't wait to get back! Thank you for posting them.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

thank you! I will shortly get my B&Ws from both Rome and London printed/on CD and I'll put them up as well. I will re-post when I have finished that.

If any of you would like to see my London VT pages (when they are done, it's a long work in progress) zap me an email. It will take quite some time before I finish them though.

Tudorprincess, I hope you post them all! I love looking at folks' vacation photos. guess that is what sets us fodorites apart - we DON'T run and/or yawn when people show their slide shows of their trips!!