A few questions
Myself and hubby are travelling Europe for 6 weeks next year, we will land in Athens and from there to Santorini. We have booked accommodation in at The Piraeus Port hotel(free cancellation) because we thought we would take a ferry but it appears cheaper and quicker to fly, so should we take that option and book closer to the airport or is the ferry experience not to miss? If we take a flight, how early before that flight do we have to be at the airport. Also, if we fly in will there be less stairs to tackle as oppose to getting a ferry in, we are trying to get our head around what Santorini is like, we are staying at The Chromata, Imeroviglia.
We will only be in Athens for two nights so only one full day which depending on how we feel after our flight may just stroll around the area, is there much to see near airport or more so in Piraeus or not much with either.
Is there anything of interest on that one free day in Athens to see that's not a full day, that we could perhaps see or do at our own leisure, we are happy just to stroll around or hang by the hotel otherwise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Area in London?
- 2 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 3 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 4 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 5 Visit to France
- 6 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 7 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 8 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 family trip to Germany and more
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Trains - website?
- 12 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 13 Paris Apartment
- 14 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 15 Barcelona to Malaga
- 16 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 17 Milan airport--which one
- 18 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 19 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 22 1st time to Europe
- 23 Paris November 2017
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!