flowers for a spanish friend?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i would like to have some flowers delivered to a Spanish family that we have been friends with for many years. I called FTD - that conversation did not go very well. The family lives in a smaller city - Soria - about half way between Madirid and Barcelona. Any one on this board have any ideas how to best go about this? Sorry its not a travel question but I know the folks on this board have more international expertise than the person who answers the phone at 1-800 FTD. The whole conversation was really painful for her - I think she was relieved when I said I needed to think more about it!
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 08:47 AM

The Aquarelle company have an English language website at www.aquarelle.es. Their prices seem reasonable. I found them by Googling "Spain flowers", so you might well find other companies offering a similar service.

If you order online, there will be no painful conversations. Ordering flowers online for delivery by post is very common in the U.K., and I would think it would be just as easy in Spain.
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 09:00 AM

Looking a little further, I see that the Aquarelle company will deliver flowers in France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, the U.K. and U.S.A.

They have websites in the different languages if you follow the "Send flowers abroad" link.

They offer a variety of styles, at different prices for different sizes. I knew nothing about them 15 minutes ago, but the information could be useful for anyone sending flowers overseas where your usual company does not deliver.
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 10:16 AM

Interflora is the European "version" of FTD. Here's their site for Spain, you can view everything in english as well:

http://www.interflora.es/

Hope this helps,
Andre
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 11:23 PM

google "floristeria soria" and one comes up in soria with online purchases. might work out cheaper and more luxious bouquet than interflora.

Old Dec 15th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Original Poster

This board is so awesome - I checked out some of your suggestions - I'm sure one of them will work. Gracias!