Wanted to get your thoughts on what would be a better itinerary option:
6 nights in Florence (day trip to Cinque Terre one of the days)
Bus/Train to San Gimignano
1 night in San Gimignano
Bust/Train to Rome
6 nights in Flofrence
Day trip to Cinque Terre one day and San Gimignano another day
Train to Rome
For reference, if I were to stay in Florence only, 3 days will be sufficient enough for me.
It looks like the day trip costs are not that much more than spending the night there separately (train, pay for a hotel there etc). I will be more swayed to do the daytrip options if its easier to go to Rome from Florence but if San Gimignano is on the way transportation wise (bus or train) then it makes sense to just spend the night there. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 2 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 3 Trans Siberian Train
- 4 Greece during Easter week or August
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 7 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 10 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 My France Vacation
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 16 GTG Paris December 2017
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 20 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 Iceland driving in March
- 23 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 24 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?