I am planning a trip to Italy, with a group of friends, in late April. A group of NYC women in our mid-30s and all, but myself, are first-time travelers to Europe (if this helps your response to my inquiry). We initially started our search considering tours, then travel packages, on to hotels and now I am interested in the idea of apartments.
To begin my search of apartments, I'd like to know which neighborhoods are ideal for each city. My preferences are (1) neighborhoods which would have us in or close to the city centers allowing us to walk to most sites or at least accessible to public transportation if we cannot walk. (2) We'd like the neighborhoods to be safe, obviously. (3) And neighborhoods which offer some local culture - eateries, markets, etc. I am realistic. I imagine I may not always get everything in one neighborhood - safety and accessibility are my top priorities.
The cities we will be visiting are: Venice, Florence and Rome.
If you have any SPECIFIC apartment recommendations to go along with your neighborhood recommendations, that would be even better.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL password रीसेट 1800:681:7208 CONTACT AOL Tech care
- 2 Milan airport--which one
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 11 family trip to Germany and more
- 12 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 13 Trains - website?
- 14 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 15 Paris Apartment
- 16 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 17 Barcelona to Malaga
- 18 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 19 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 22 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 23 1st time to Europe
- 24 Paris November 2017
- 25 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
Florence, Rome and Venice Girls Getaway - Apartments & Neighborhoods