Reload this Page >

Florence - Museum Tix in Advance

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Debbie

Can anyone recommend a website where I can buy ticktes in advace for the museums in Florence? I keep hearing about how the lines are very long!! Also, I am going the last week in March, do you think there will be lines this time of year?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Line

Can anyone recommend a website where I can buy ticktes in advace for the museums in Florence? I keep hearing about how the lines are very long!! Also, I am going the last week in March, do you think there will be lines this time of year?<BR><BR>We went at 5P.M. to the Ufizi and there were no lines last spring on a weekday. Even if you have a reservation and you pay extra for that, you wait in a line.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Eye Spy

Yours is the perennial question. Try: http://www.florenceart.it/booking/<BR><BR>Don't bother reserving now. Reserve the day before you want to go to the Uffizi. You'll be fine.<BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Carol

I used www.weekendinflorence.com for tickets to the Accademia and the Uffizzi and was very glad...more time to do other things. <BR><BR>We also sent early in the morning. By the time we left the museums, the lines were quite long and that was in March.<BR><BR>Get tickets and go early. Have fun.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Howard

I agree with Eye Spy. Get them when you get to Florence.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Dan

When we visited Florence in July we were very glad that we had purchased tickets in advance, on the web, to Uffizi as well as the Accademia. We just zipped at around 9 a.m., passing a growing line of people who had to wait for the reserve ticket holders to enter first. Entry to the Uffizi is staggered based on the number of vistors in the museum at the time, so the line continues to build. When we left the line was very long, and did not seem to be moving. Our foresight, learned on this site, gave us the extra time to visit the Medici Palace and Bobli Gardens, which we enjoyed more than the Uffizzi, as we did appreciate the ancient religious art, as much as the magnificent palace and gardens.