Florence hotels near piazzas

Jan 10th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Florence hotels near piazzas

Traveling to Florence in May for five nights I would like to stay at a hotel that overlooks a Piazza, I've read about HOTEL PENDINI, which overlooks Piazzza Republicca, does anyone have any other suggestions? Either this Piazza or one nearby
Jan 10th, 2013, 02:23 PM

Hi cookies,

there are several piazzas in Florence and loads of hotels over-looking them.

I suggest that you go to booking.com and select Florence and your dates, and then go to the map option, and see which hotels that are available overlook piazza republica or one nearby.

good luck.
Jan 10th, 2013, 03:20 PM

My experience of staying in piazzas in Italian cities as heavily touristed as Florence is that they attract lots of people who like to revel and make noise well into the night, especially group tours of teenagers and college students. You might also have street performers. I'm not sure if the carousel in the piazza della Repubblica is there year-round or just at Christmas, but it would drive me crazy if I wanted to sleep in or nap during the afternoon.

One more thing to know about piazze is that if they are ringed with cafes and restaurants, the wine bottles get dumped in the bins at the end of the evening (noisy!) and get picked up in the morning by recycling trucks (even noisier!)

For five nights, you might want to join the ground level life of the piazza with everybody else rather than look down on it from above, and stay out having fun in the evening, but then go someplace really nice and quiet to sleep with a view of Florence's beautiful rooftops, or the river Arno.
Jan 10th, 2013, 03:26 PM

PS: For five nights, you might want to consider an apartment.

Search this Thread