Florence: Hotel Pierre or Casci

Feb 27th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Florence: Hotel Pierre or Casci

Have narrowed down my choice to these two and would like any feedback to help me make my decision. Thanks.
Feb 27th, 2006, 09:05 AM

I can only speak for the Casci. It's a great value (2*), pleasant hotel and I do recommend it although I see that the Pierre is a 4* and it gets excellent reviews on tripadvisor and when you do a search here. If the prices are similar, I'd be tempted to go with the 4* Pierre.

I think either way you can't go wrong.
Feb 27th, 2006, 09:32 AM
JBX

Hotel Casci gets positive reviews on this forum. Here's another thread about it, http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34747598
Feb 27th, 2006, 09:39 AM

I stayed at the Pierre, and can recommend it. The breakfast room is a good size, and there's an amazing assortment of foods from which to choose. Service is very professional. The location is fantastic, and all hotel amenities are excellent. There is a bar in the lobby. I booked through lastminute.com to get my room, and although the room didn't have a view, I was not disappointed. (I only used my room to sleep in at night, and shower and dress in the morning, anyway.) I think I spent 3 or 4 nights there. It was very nice. I have never stayed at the Casci, so I have no criteria for comparison.

BC
Feb 28th, 2006, 08:01 AM
JBX

up for MarlNY