Considering I plan to stay in Florence for 5/6 nights and also take 1/2 day-trip to a small tuscan town (using public transportation), which location would be ideal to stay in? Does it make sense to stay closer to the train/bus hub? In terms of public transportation from Florence to Tuscan towns, is it mostly trains or buses? Your recommendations for day-trips would be welcome.
Sorry for my lack of much research. I feel I am asking a lot of basic questions these days. But I have suddenly got 10 days notice to plan a 5 weeks Europe dream trip and all the help I am getting from the forum has been great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation
- 2 GTG Paris December 2017
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 5 Christmas Markets 2017
- 6 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 7 Budget trip
- 8 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 9 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 10 Driving
- 11 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 12 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 13 Algarve Town Selection
- 14 Tips for first trip to UK
- 15 paris to london- day trip
- 16 Browsing Barcelona
- 17 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 18 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 21 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 22 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 23 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 24 Portugal
- 25 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.