Search

Paris to Chantilly transportation question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris to Chantilly transportation question

Dear Fodorites,
Dang! We're in Paris and just realized I left my Guide book at home. We want to go to. Chantilly on Thursday and am hoping one of you can tell us which train to take - that is what station can we catch the train from and which station will we get off at? As ever, thanks so much in advance!
Old Sep 17th, 2014, 01:48 PM

If you fee your itinerary, Paris-Chantilly into www.voyages-sncf.com, you will get Paris Nord - Chantilly Gouviex.

You know most guide books are available in online format and whatever you are using to post would likely to have a free ebook reader app.
Old Sep 17th, 2014, 01:49 PM

Gare du Nord - Banlieue (sp suburban station - not Grandes Lignes I think - but commuter rail part - frequent trains to Chantilly where the station is a short walk from the chateau. Don't forget to cancel your own ticket before boarding the train each way - buy a return ticket at Nord ("aller et retour").

Have some Creme de Chantilly in a local cafe!
Old Sep 17th, 2014, 03:16 PM

I go to Chantilly all the time. Trains depart from the main terminal in Gare du Nord. Use www.voyages-sncf.com or www.capitainetrain.com for train schedules. The tickets cost 8.40€ each way (for adults 26-59) and it's a 25 minute train trip. It is a 2km walk to the château from the train station or, I think, there is a bus to the left as you exit the train station but I don't know the number. That info can be found on either the Chantilly tourist office website or the château website:

http://www.chantilly-tourisme.com/_UK-otchantilly.php

http://www.domainedechantilly.com/en
Old Sep 17th, 2014, 06:18 PM

I took the train in May from Gare du Nord to Chantilly Gouvieux (grandes lignes). I did check the departure times for the train from Gare du Nord before heading to the station and the train times back to Paris.

I ended up walking from the train station to the chateau. There was a taxi stand at the Chantilly train station but no taxis were there. I asked someone there about a taxi and she said I needed to call one. I just went ahead and walked. It did take me a good 30+ minutes to walk and I am a fast walker. Walked back to the train station as well.

Have fun!
Old Sep 17th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much!