First and foremost, I would like to thank all of my fellow travelers for helpful suggestions with respect to the planning of my trip! I am leaving in exactly one week from today and would love any last minute tips/ideas. For example, which are the best day trips from each of the cities I am travelling to:
Lake Como: 5/29-6/3 Friend's wedding
Florence: Hotel Continentale 6/3-6/7
Capri: JK Place 6/7-6/11
Amalfi: Convento di Amalfi: 6/11-6/14
My husband and I are going to rent a car while in Amalfi, so we can drive around and explore Positano, Sorrento, etc.
While in Capri, any suggestions? Day trips? Should we rent a boat?
While in Florence, aside from the museums, we are thinking Fiesole, Siena, san gimignano. Any place else? Can anyone suggest a wine tasting tour?
Thanks in advance! This is so not like me to leave all of this for the last minute, but life has thrown me a few curve balls lately!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 two days in rome
- 2 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 3 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 4 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 5 Avignon
- 6 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 7 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 8 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 12 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 13 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 14 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 15 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 16 Budget trip
- 17 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 18 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 19 Favorite London memories
- 20 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 Provence Trip Report
- 23 8 months around Europe
- 24 Tentative Spain/France Basque region itinerary
- 25 9 Day Paris & Rome with Family