Search

Florence and Rome in November

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florence and Rome in November

Hey all,

Iam on an official trip to Florence. Flying to Rome and take a train to Florence

I will have one and half days free in November from 13th afteronoon till 15th morning. My flight is out of rome on 15th morning.

I would welcome your suggestions on things i can see in this 36 hours

Suggest me, for florence what all i can see

Iam not more into museums, i love sightseeing, river cruise

Is there a boat cruise from Rome to Florence which i can take from Rome or on the return

I would certainly like to cover the pizza tower, guide me how to plan out
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 11:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
There may be a series of sea ferries you can take from Livorno (near Florence) to Civitavecchia (near Rome), but even if this is possible it would probably take all of your 36 hours.

There is no river that connects Florence and Rome, so a river cruise between the cities is not possible.

Florence has much to offer besides museums and art. I don't know what "tower" you're referring to. Perhaps you mean the climb to the top of the Duomo or to the top of the Campanile. Either would give you beautiful views of the city. Or you could go to Piazzale Michelangelo on the other side of the Arno for a different perspective. People-watch from a table at a restaurant or cafe in one of the larger piazzas. Browse the markets (Centrale and Lorenzo). Shop at the Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novello for bath and skin products.

http://www.concierge.com/travelguide...shopping/15138
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 11:07 AM
GAC

There is no ferry or ship service between Livorno and Civitavecchia. People take the train between these two points, or drive.
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 11:20 AM

What does "sightseeing" mean? You do not like museums so do you like churches? Outdoor views?

Walk up to Piazzale Michelangelo and enjoy the views over the city. Walk up a little farther and visit San Miniato, a lovely very old church.

Walk back down and stop for a coffee or glass of wine at a local wine bar.

Go to Palazzo Pitti and wander the streets in the Oltrarno, stopping in the galleries and small shops.

Go the public markets and browse.
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 01:45 PM

You will want to be in Rome the night before your flight home.

Are you going directly to Florence when you arrive, with no time in Rome? If so, as soon as you are done in Florence, I would go to Rome for those last two nights. If you want to stay outside, you can do plenty of walking and see outdoor things in Rome (fountains, ruins, etc.) You say you don't like museums. Do you like churches? The possibilities are endless in Rome.
Old Oct 9th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Original Poster

hey all, thanks for the comments

iam going direct to florence and coming back to rome, may be i can think of coming back on 14th and stay in rome

i meant i prefer to go to other places rather than spending time in museums

I love to see chruches, scupltures, old bulidings and world famous heritage sites

LEt me know your suggestions