Flying Ryanair?

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Ryanair?

Just don't forget two important things

-If you do not have an EU passport, you must take your boarding pass to their ticket office to have it verified against your passport and stamped. Leave plenty of time for this.

-you need to print your boarding pass at home. BUT.. be sure to do it no later than 4 hours before take off time. If you wait til too late you will pay 40E extra for THEM to print it.

All these rules are on their website in the terms and conditions. Please be sure to read every little detail

- and yes.. they DO take luggage allowances very seriously.
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 11:36 AM

Thanks for these tips! I was able to get a really cheap ticket from Ibiza to Barcelona and was unaware of both things you pointed out.
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

I know. This is one airline you don't have to just heed luggage allowances.. you need to know a lot of other tricks they have in their unique system . Catches a lot of people off guard and then you actually miss your flight if you get all the way to the gate without the stamp on your boarding pass for non EU.

Have a great time in Ibiza and Barcelona!
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

topping this for future travelers as the system has not changed.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

You must also print your boarding pass out no later than 4 hours before flight time. If not , they will charge you 40E for it at the ticket office.
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:46 AM

Hi,

My Girlfriend has a serbian passport, and I was wondering can she fly to Benedorm from Manchester?

I just wanted some clarification and as i can't seem to find any information about using Serbian passports with Ryanair to Spain from UK.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,
Nick Ward
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

you need to find out if she can travel to spain without a visa ( If she doesn't have one or if she doesn't NEED one)

.. that's all. then if she DOES have the proer paperwork ( visa) or if she doesn't need one.. then, you just show her passport ( which is NON EU) at the ticket office so they can stamp your printed boarding pass before you pass through security.

Give yourself extra time to do this because i have seen very long lines at SOME airports as there is not much personnel to take care of all these things anymore.
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:07 AM

Since 2009, Serbian passport holders don't need visa for Schengen area for 90-in-180 days, but there are a few conditions:
You must have a biometric passport.
You mustn't be a resident of Kosovo with a passport issued by the Coordination Directorate in Belgrade.
You need a UK visitor visa to enter UK, as it isn't part of Schengen and they have visa requirement for Serbians.
Old May 29th, 2013, 08:11 AM

Benidorm doesn't have an airport but the nearest is Alicante.
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:58 PM

Thanks for your replies, been very helpful. We are flying to Alicante airport on July 2nd and was worried about my girlfriends serbian passport as we will be flying from Manchester.

Also, she has lived in UK for 8 years and has recently been given British Citizenship, would this make it easier for her if she brings the British Citizenship certificate with her to the airport along with her Serbian passport as she hasn't applied for her British passport yet.

Can she checkin online with the serbian passport on Ryanair website when the online checkin opens.

Thanks,
Nick
Old May 29th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Original Poster

please read the ryanair rules and also check your embassy website for these type questions about where she can go, etc.. although the info given is most likely correct it is not a good idea to trust these answers on internet.

Everyone MUST check in online and PRINT all your boarding passes no later than 4 hours befroe the flight.. so do it now so you don't forget!

. She ( or anyone without an EU passport) needs to take whatever document she/they BOUGHT the ticket with to the ticket counter to get the boarding pass stamped BEFORE going through security. All these instructions are on the Ryanair information and in your emails.

You must read them as they are very important.

Since it seems you may not have read all the rules, be sure t have the EXACT measurement and weight maximum for the hand luggage or BUY a suitcase space so you can check a bag ( or two). You must do all this several hours before the airport or you will have to pay a LOT more for everything if you add the suitcase at the airport or the hand luggage is too big..
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:05 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have researched the correct hold luggage which is 15kg and hand luggage is 10kg.

I have checked with my girlfriend and she has a UK Visa along with her Biometric Serbian passport.

I will ring Ryanair too to comfirm that.

Thanks for the useful tips.

Nick
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:08 PM

A UK Travel Visa i should have stated.
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:06 AM

Hi,

I have spoken with Ryanair and they have told me she will be fine as long as she has a Biometric Serbian passport along with her UK Visa.

Thanks for your help.

Nick
Old May 30th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Original Poster

be sure to BUY the hold luggage beforehand. good luck. great trip. can't imagine what that Ryanair phone call cost you.
Old May 30th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Original Poster

Cabin baggage measurements are of utmost importance., not only the weight. The size is on their website, no need to call.
Old May 30th, 2013, 03:49 AM

When Ryanair say it they mean it TO THE LETTER
Old May 30th, 2013, 04:24 AM

>>can't imagine what that Ryanair phone call cost you.
Old May 30th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

oh.. they answer them.. they make a bundle on the phone line.
Old May 30th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Original Poster

For anyone else reading this. I would be much more apt to call the Embassy of the destination country or simply read their website to find out their visa requirements than Ryanair. Afterall.. they are only an airline, although they must be up on visa requirements BUT I trust the Embassy websites 100%.

Here is an official government website representing the EU

http://serbia.nlembassy.org/services...of-serbia.html