COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

flights DC/London, late May, $587??

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 03:10 PM
beth anderson

flights DC/London, late May, $587??

Hi all

has anyone gotten a better nonstop deal to London for late May? This is on Virgin (my favorite).

I usually have gotten a better deal than that, including trips in May/June (in 1999, 2000, 2001 I've had a May trip to either London or Paris, for a much better price (nonstop as well) but as I've noticed prices in general are going up more than usual - has anyone else here gotten better for that time period, this year?

just curious, thanks.

Beth

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 03:32 PM
John

Beth, on Bidding for Travel, the site where Priceline.com bidders post their accepted bids, someone reports getting tickets in May DCA-LGW for $160, on Delta via Cincinnati. http://biddingfortravel.com/

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Vita

Nowhere near as good as John's suggestion, but try orbitz.com and flight.com. I got a ticket on Virgin Atlantic on flights.com leaving on a Saturday the 18th and coming back on a Sunday the 26th for $542 including taxes and shipping and I know I've seen cheaper on Orbitz flying midweek.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 03:41 AM
beth anderson

Thank you John and Vita!! John - AMAZING fare, wow. Vita, isn't Virgin great? do you live in DC?

Just so everyone out there has this info:

my usual consolidator (have used them for at least the past dozen trips, always with good luck) is AirDeals

1 888 999 8757

just so you know..

I am lazy, if they do a good job I don't look around - and they always have... was just curious as I KNOW I've spent less in the past.

beth

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 05:28 AM
Vita

I'm glad to hear that you like Virgin, Beth. This will be my first time using them and, indeed, my first trip to London! It will be nice to take a direct flight for a change.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 05:39 AM
beth anderson

Vita - super! if you need any help with anything, email me. I'm practically a local (well, as local as you can get by spending nearly 3 months there).

ha ha

Beth

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Betsy

www.airdeals.com