Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Flight from Malpensa to Bordeaux (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/flight-from-malpensa-to-bordeaux-1650096/)

Cavangal Mar 12th, 2018 05:18 PM

Flight from Malpensa to Bordeaux

Booked a nonstop Easy Jet flight from Milan to Bordeaux, a short distance and seems to be the only carrier offering nonstops on this route. Received booking confirmation, but flight was handled by Kiwi.com. Had never heard of this vendor. Kiwi sent me e-ticket confirmation. I will be able to check in online and Kiwi will send me email with boarding pass in advance. Anyone have experience with Kiwi? I have traveled on Easy Jet many times without any problems and consider them good budget airline. I will be arriving MXP early morning and need to be sure I have it right. I have US and EU passports so will not need to worry about Visa, as there is information about visas attached to confirmation. Many thanks for comments.

nochblad Mar 13th, 2018 05:46 AM

If you have travelled many times with Easyjet why on earth did you book through a site you have never heard of rather than directly through Easyjet? If you have problems who is to blame?

Cavangal Mar 13th, 2018 10:14 AM

I browsed Easy Jet site first and when I found their non stop morning flight to Bordeaux leaving at 11:30am considered it good choice. I had looked on BA and Air France sites and there are no non stops with any major airline doing this route; I also looked on Priceline as I use that site booking package vacations in US. So I clicked continue and was immediately forwarded to Kiwi. Perhaps they offer discounts to Kiwi to handle bookings. Using the other major airlines mentioned above, some have 2 stops or one stop which would take most of a day to reach Bordeaux.
I asked about Kiwi to see if its reliable vendor.

I received confirmation email and I also booked 2 other non stop intercity flights with them on Aer Lingus. Received emails with booking number and details so hopefully I am fine. All my flights non stop. DId read on a forum that when one is making connections at major airports, there might be a problem getting rebooked with some carriers when one experiences long delays missing a connecting flight.
Thanks.for advice.

Cowboy1968 Mar 13th, 2018 02:18 PM

I don't think I have booked through Kiwi yet, but it's one of the bigger resellers or flight search engines, like Kayak or similar.
I've seen them pop up every once in a while I look for airfares.
They have been around for some time and are based in the Czech republic. So their operations are governed by EU consumer protection laws etc.
So far I cannot see any potential for drama arising from booking through them
If you can access your booking with easyjet with the booking # or PNR you received from Kiwi, you are booked on that easyjet flight.

Cavangal Mar 13th, 2018 04:27 PM

Thank you. I have to check in at the airport for the 2 Aer Lngus flights so on arrival in Dublin I'll try to check with the customer service desk and will get confirmation. .
For my flight to Bordeaux, I can check in on line by end of July so that will give me time to make sure I'm booked on flight, meanwhile will try to follow up with Easy Jet. Thanks.