Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Flight from LA to Rome @ 698.00 round trip. Taki it or wait?

Sep 16th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

We were quoted an airfare from Los Angeles to Rome & Milan to Los angeles on the way back at 698.00 & 599.00 for a child from American Airlines. We are traveling March 31, 2006, returning April 16th. Should we grab this or do you think we'll get a better rate if we wait a couple months? Thanks.
Sep 16th, 2005, 01:39 PM

That is about what I have been paying from LAX. Sometimes a better fare comes up but you never know. With fuel prices rising, I don't think there will be many specials this year, I would take it and then don't check again!

Also is it more to have open jaw flights? I'm not sure of that.
Sep 16th, 2005, 02:31 PM
rex

Does the itinerary fit you perfectly? If so, buy it.

Best wishes,

Rex
Sep 16th, 2005, 02:38 PM

Take it! That's a great fare. SeaUrchin, I too fly out of LA and have not gotten that good of a fare in a long time, especially for Spring. I flew on a great fare in Feb 2005 to Milano but middle of winter! I usually pay considerably more as I fly into one airport (i.e. Rome) and out of another (Milan or Naples). Check to see if American Airlines would honor a better price if their price drops in the interim. Perhaps you could get a reimbursement of the difference in meal/drink vouchers or? Not sure how it works.
Sep 16th, 2005, 02:47 PM

yes, I got a good price this last March too, but it was short-lived on the internet and was $100 less than Dbacks has this year.

Huitres, you, too, are an LA Fodorite? How is your daughter? I think of you and your stroller scenerio in Naples! yo,
Sep 16th, 2005, 02:52 PM

Hi SeaUrchin! Indeed I am a LA Fodorite. I am behind in reporting about 3 trip reports....I have been back and forth to Italy several times (just got back 1 week ago from the Amalfi Coast). My little one is fine, no incidents on any of these last trips - just keeps getting better and better. Alas, my work has kept me so busy that I have not been able to contribute regularly to Fodors! I need to catch up again.......