Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

FLEXISKI, SKIEUROPE, is there an ADVANTAGE to booking a trip through a group like this?

Search

FLEXISKI, SKIEUROPE, is there an ADVANTAGE to booking a trip through a group like this?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 05:36 AM
Peter

We've received proposals from differnt companies regarding our trip. We're a little uneasy about booking through a "group" verses just booking ourselves. Is there an advantage? Is there a way to check these groups out, to make sure that they're reliable?

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 07:17 AM
Mariarosa

Hi! I am also interested in finding out the advantages of booking through a group. Thanks!

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 07:59 AM
John

Hi Guys: <BR> <BR>Usually the ski packages are a greater deal than you can do "al-la'carte". They can offer a property Groups for good rates. With that said, I still try and top what the Tour companies offer by asking questions about areas I am interested in going to and waiting for the nice people of Fodors to give their recommendations!! Then I try and book direct with that Hotel. <BR>JOHN

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 11:59 AM
s

Peter, <BR>If you're thinking of skiing in Switzerland, try contacting the tourist office of the village you plan to visit. They can arrange great deals including seven nights' lodging, half-board, and six days' ski pass for most of the hotels in the village. Then you search for a deal on airfare -- and voila, you've beat the prices of the tour group and/or got a better hotel. <BR> <BR>s

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 06:22 PM
Maman

I've booked 3 European ski trips for our family thru www.all-mountain.com; we don't go with a group. Most agencies have both guided and independent tours. I've compared prices; the agencies get better prices for the hotels than you can negotiate by yourself. It's a great way to do it for the savings as well as taking advantage of their expertise as to what location would be best for your wants and needs. They also know the hotels, what to do in the area, and can arrange transfers from your gateway city to your destination, which is usually pretty far from an international airport.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:36 PM
Libby

We are a tour operator specializing in skiing and very familiar with skiing in Europe. The advantages of using us are that we are familiar with the hotels and ski resorts, we have great airline prices, we can recommend a ski area based on your abilities, and we inspect our hotels annually. Please feel free to contact me via email or at 800-755-1330 x205.