Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   fixed price restaurant in 1st, 2nd, 5th or 6th? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/fixed-price-restaurant-in-1st-2nd-5th-or-6th-808640/)

JoeTro Oct 2nd, 2009 11:08 AM

fixed price restaurant in 1st, 2nd, 5th or 6th?

I'm going to be in Paris December 27th and 28th and am looking for a bit of a restaurant splurge. I was thinking of a nice fixed price dinner in the 30-35 Euro range, that serves fish and has a good wine list. I'd planned on Fish, but they are closed then. I looked into Pomze, which seems interesting, but I'd prefer to dine in the 5th or 6th or maybe even the 1st or 2nd.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

avalon Oct 2nd, 2009 11:57 AM

The Bistrot de Breteuil has a 35 Euro menu with a half bottle of wine, as well as Les Ministeries and Gallopin. They are all very good

decee Oct 2nd, 2009 12:53 PM

We were just in Paris and ate at La Mediterranee. It was excellent! They do have fixed price dinners and they are also open at lunch. Good wine list too.

We chose to order seperately from menu and our total came to 151 Euro which included 2 appetizers, 2 mains, a bottle of wine, bottle of Evian, 1 coffee and 1 dessert (enough to share) and all the taxes.

The address is 2, Place de L'Odeon (6th) and is right across from the L'Odeon Theatre. Tel# 01 43 26 02 30. Maybe you could check the Theater's schedule and plan a dinner around a performance?

They have a website in French (some menu items are translated but I think it's an old menu).

DeborahAnn Oct 2nd, 2009 01:13 PM

Le Pre Verre is one of my favorites in the 5th at 8 rue Thenard. Their prix fixe menu was about 30, they have an excellent wine list and I'm sure they served a fish choice for a plat when we've eaten there. Bon Appetit!! Deborah

frenchwow Oct 2nd, 2009 01:26 PM

loved the prix fixe duck at Chou Coup off Rue des Ecoles-behind hotel Claude Bernard-Lauvin St I think

frenchwow Oct 2nd, 2009 01:32 PM

Also a prix fixe 16-26 at Petit Prince. Same street as Chou Coup.
Good but would not suggest duck breast there. Rue Lanneau

StCirq Oct 2nd, 2009 05:37 PM

Every restaurant in Paris has a prix fixe menu, so that should not be a concern. There are hundreds of choices in those 4 arrondissements. Bistro de Bretheuil is in the 7th, not one of the ones you identified, though it's on the cusp of the 6th. You might consider Café des Editeurs in the 6th or Macéo in the 1st.

avalon Oct 3rd, 2009 12:35 AM

BTW It's the Coupe Chou not Chou coupe

JoeTro Oct 4th, 2009 05:06 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions.

ira Oct 5th, 2009 04:38 AM

Hi J.

La Mediteranee is quite good.

We very much liked our recent visit to Le Florimond.

Also check out Le Fontaine de Mars.

Both at Ecole-Militaire Metro.

((I))

JoeTro Feb 4th, 2010 08:52 PM

Just a quick update:

Ate at Relais de le'isle. Maybe the best meal I've ever had. So so good. And what a great value.

I also enjoyed Pomze, which was my dinner for the other night.

Dee_Dee Feb 5th, 2010 03:55 PM

Great suggestions! Bookmarking.