My two nieces and I are going to Madrid (Yes, we've decided on Spain versus Zurich) for four days in late March. From Madrid, we are thinking of going to the Andalusia region - Granada, Cordoba and maybe Sevilla, then fly out from Madrid.
I am looking for suggestions on the most efficient itinerary and places to stay. I am initially thinking of staying one night in Madrid, then take the early train to Cordoba or Granada the next day. Can we do Alhambra and Mezquita in one day? Where should we spend the second and third nights? Will we have time for Sevilla? Any other town that we should visit instead? We can also take an overnight train back to Madrid and head straight to the airport or go back on the fourth day and stay another night in Madrid.
We love to eat and do just a little shopping, and I think my companions will appreciate the palace and mosque.
I've read several topics on trips to the region but looking to hear more from others.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 3 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 6 Champagne Tours
- 7 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 8 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 9 10 Days in Austria
- 10 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 11 Le Marche Research Help
- 12 Help with Venice Trip?
- 13 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 14 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 15 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 16 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 17 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 18 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 19 Greece in end October
- 20 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 GTG Paris December 2017
- 23 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 24 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 25 Favorite London memories
Five days/four nights in Madrid and nearby towns, first time visitors