I will be travelling to London for 8 days with my family of 5 including 3 kids ages 5, 7 and 9. I have been reading websites and travel books but still have a few questions that I would love advice on ...
1. Oyster card vs Travel Card : We will be in London from Sat - Sun i.e. 8 days. Should we get
a) an Oyster Card in London (not Visitor Oyster which apparently doesn't allow you to refund the deposit) or
b) the 7 day Travel pass for all zones (we need zone 6 for Heathrow on day of arrival) OR
c)7 dayTravel pass zones 1-2 only loaded ONTO oyster so that we can use oyster for the occasional far trip e.g.. Heathrow and Hampton Court palace but Travel card for rest
d) Will we still be able to use the travel pass for the 2/1 discounts?
e) Should I buy it when I get to Heathrow ? or order it online
2. The general consensus from reading the previous online posts is that the London Pass is not worth it! True?
3. Is the London hop on hop off bus worth it ? The reviews on trip advisor are very varied and often cite bad traffic and poor acoustics as a problem.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 months around Europe
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Favorite London memories
- 4 Hotels or apartments recommendations for Seville Malaga Córdoba Ronda
- 5 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 6 Ronda or Jerez
- 7 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 8 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 11 two days in rome
- 12 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 13 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 14 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 15 Avignon
- 16 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 19 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 20 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 21 Budget trip
- 22 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 23 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 24 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 25 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!