My wife and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in London right after Christmas through the first week of January. We will have 7 days to explore the sights. I have been reading through similar threads and have gained a lot of good information. This is our first trip to Europe. One thing that keeps coming up is making reservations to eat. This is something we are not accustom to. Is it only required if you want to eat at a "special" place ?? Are there very many walk in places to eat? We love to eat of course, but don't frequent "upscale" places that often. Although the dear wife may want to change that while we are in London. =)
Any advice for first timers to London is greatly appreciated. We are mid 40's primarily interested in museums, history, architecture, and shopping would be last I think (I hope! ).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moscow Hotels
- 2 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 3 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 4 Easter Week in Italy
- 5 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 6 Paris November 2017
- 7 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 8 Spain in 2018
- 9 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 10 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 11 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 12 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 13 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 14 Christmas week in Ireland
- 15 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 16 Which Aran Island??
- 17 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 18 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 21 Barcelona to Malaga
- 22 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 23 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 24 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 25 Rent in Rome