My husband and I are planning a 3 week trip to Italy in early May next year. We're celebrating my 65th birthday and retirement! We're flying into Milan and out of Rome. Here's what I've come up with so far.
Lake Como-Varenna-3 nights
Rome-4 nights .
we'll be traveling by train on this trip. I'm wondering if we should skip the night in Milan and take the train directly to Lake Como on the day of our arrival. We get into milan at noon. Too tiring? (We have a long flight from San Francisco, but luckily I was able to secure business class seats with frequent flier miles!) im sorry to be missing the countryside in Tuscany and Umbria but we can't see it all on our first trip...
Any thought or comments would be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VERIZON 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTVERIZON Techh care
- 2 Visit to France
- 3 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 4 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 5 family trip to Germany and more
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 Packing Champagne
- 8 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 12 Paris Apartment
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Milan airport--which one
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 two days in Nice
- 19 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 20 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 First time in Spain
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 New fast track
- 25 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips