Notices

First trip to Europe

Oct 25th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

First trip to Europe

My boyfriend and I are traveling to Europe for the very first time. We live in the U.S and we are unsure as to which country in Europe would be most ideal for our first trip.

We would really love to go to London but it may be too expensive at this time. We are recent graduates so affordability is key. Not sure if this is reasonable, given it's our first trip abroad, but we'd like to stay in the 3-5k range to include everything for roughly 10-15 days.

Our tastes are pretty open and we are willing to give anything a shot but we are thinking of destinations in mostly Western Europe.

I've done some research already but would love some opinions from the well-traveled person.

We are not much into the heavy party scene but a night out for drinks and dancing could be appealing. We'd love to experience some rich culture and just enjoy all the history Europe has to offer.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Oct 25th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

Also, we wouldn't be renting a car so 'walkability' is also ideal.

Our travel dates are flexible and we most likely won't be traveling during the peak season, we'd prefer to get the most bang for our buck-- so possibly a spring/fall trip.
Oct 25th, 2012, 07:45 AM

My first recommendation would be Amsterdam and the Netherlands. You could do it with in your budget $333.00 a day and have a great time. The country is small and has a great public transportation and for 40 euros you have access to museums in the entire country for the year. There are hostels, campgrounds, and 1 star hotels that are affordable and safe. My second choice would be Munch, don't know that city as well but you could still have a great time on budget there.
Oct 25th, 2012, 08:14 AM

Mandy, you have two identical threads running. Click on your user name to see the replies to each.

Search this Thread