I am planning to visit Europe for the first time. I have around 2 weeks of time on me. The places which I want to cover are: Italy (Rome, Vatican, Pisa, Florence, Venice), France (Paris, Normandy), and possibly Germany (Berlin).
I am thinking of doing this whole trip on my own, rather than go through some tour package. I want to start with Italy, then head to Berlin (if I am going to Germany), and then head to Paris.
Could you please help with my queries? Would really appreciate some tips as I have never traveled to Europe.
1. I want to spend 3 days in Rome/Vatican, 1 day in Pisa, 2 days in Florence and 1 day in Venice. This is a total of 7 days. This leaves me with more 6 days to travel (keeping 1 day for spare). In Paris, I want to explore the city on my own, taking city tours and historical tours. So, should I include Berlin in this itinerary and shorten my Paris visit?
2. Within Italy, what's the best way to travel between the cities (Rome, Pisa, Florence, Venice)? I have heard about train travel. But I believe bus travel gives you a different perspective. So what about bus travels within Italy?
3. What's the best way to travel within Paris? I plan to visit the famous attractions, and other not so famous places (like streets mentioned in Modiano's novels, the Impressionists tour etc.)
Any additional tips would also be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moscow Hotels
- 2 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 3 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 4 Easter Week in Italy
- 5 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 6 Paris November 2017
- 7 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 8 Spain in 2018
- 9 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 10 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 11 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 12 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 13 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 14 Christmas week in Ireland
- 15 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 16 Which Aran Island??
- 17 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 18 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 21 Barcelona to Malaga
- 22 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 23 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 24 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 25 Rent in Rome