My husband and I are planning to visit Europe in Sept 13 for the very first time. We are in our late twenties and are hoping to get an all round experience - art, architecture, history, museums, scenery etc.
I have trawled through numerous Fodors forums and have come up with a rough itinerary below which takes into account a lot of suggestions re: timeframes etc. I was hoping to visit Spain but decided against it due to the limited time we have.
I want to be in Prague and France during the European Heritage Days which are scheduled for 7-15 Sept (Prague) and 14-15 Sept (Paris), hence my note below about being in Paris over 14-15 Sept. I was also planning to use Paris as a home base and do a number of day trips from there, hence the extended stay.
1. Prague, Czech Republic (4 days)
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands (4 days)
3. Paris, France (6 days) – including 14-15 September
4. Nice, France (2 days)
5. Florence, Italy (3 days)
6. Rome (5 days)
7. Sorrento / Amalfi Coast / Isle of Capri / Pompei (4 days)
I am planning to fly between most destinations. Are there scenic options for travel (for exampl, between Nice and Florence)?
Would it be possible to add another destination by cutting down on the days in Paris, Rome or Sorrento?
I am very new to this forum and would appreciate any recommendations / critiques.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 4 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 5 Best Greek Island
- 6 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 7 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 8 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 12 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 13 Malaga Christmas lights
- 14 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 15 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 16 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 17 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 18 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 19 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 23 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 24 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 25 The World's Greatest Churches
First trip to Europe, 1 month in September 2013 - itinerary help