My husband and I are touring Europe in 2016. We're starting in Ireland - Scotland - London - Belgium - France!
Currently I have us staying in Paris for 7 days (with a day trip to Versailles on the bicycles) we are not specifically artsy but it would be neat to see some of the greats which is why we plan to visit the Louve & Musee de'Orsay. I'm pretty pleased with our Paris itinerary, but then we leave for Bordeaux for 3 days, mostly because it has been a dream of mine to see the Chateau de Hautefort...and that's pretty much it. We aren't big wine drinkers, but I was hoping to see some French countryside since we'll be spending so much time in the city. I had checked out Burgundy, Lyon, and Grenoble...because it's on our way to Geneva but it didn't seem much different from Bordeaux so I may just take the train straight from Bordeaux to Geneva. If there are any other spots we should check out, please let us know! We are in our 30's and like moderate hikes but hoping to soak in a lot of French culture mostly, we love checking out beautiful architecture which seems to be plentiful throughout Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 9 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Trans Siberian Train
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 Scotland ideas
- 15 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 16 London vacation rental agency
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 South of France
- 19 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 20 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 21 My France Vacation
- 22 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 23 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 24 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid