Search

first timers- Madrid, to Granada, to Seville

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2011, 03:03 PM
KR5
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first timers- Madrid, to Granada, to Seville

My friends (all female- ages 26-28) and I are planning a month in Spain- the first three weeks are set (Barcelona, Valencia, and Madrid) but after Madrid we want to head to Granada for a day or two and then Seville for the rest. Does anyone have any suggestions about driving from Granada to Seville? Where to rent a car? What route should we take? Is there any other sites we should see on the drive? I am also looking for hotel suggestions in Granada and restaurants we should go to in both Granada and Seville. We are not keeping the car in Seville so what is the easiest way to get to the beach and what beach should we go to? I know this is a lot but it is our first time over there any advice will be extremely helpful. Thank you!
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 03:35 PM

If you are not retaining the car for the duration of your stay in Seville, would you not consider leaving it in Granada and taking the train from Granada to Seville? You could also do a day trip to Cordoba from Seville (high speed train available).
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 03:56 PM

I highly recommend dining at Casa Chari/El Baratillo in Sevilla's Arenal area. Most memorable meal I had during my semester abroad in Sevilla. I also recommend taking a day trip to Cordoba (very easy to do) although there are regular trains and buses if you want to go the cheaper route (the AVE-high speed train can be a bit pricey).

You say the beach, do you have a particular area in mind? Do you want a beach nearer to Sevilla or Granada? Or anywhere along the Costa del Sol? Cadiz is not too far from Sevilla, it also has some neat sites of historical interest too.

traveltalesfromtheredheadedtraveler.blogspot.com/
(My travel writing blog!)
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 04:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey KR5; You will get lots of suggestions, but here is a site for downloads of the cities you are visiting. www.maribelsguides.com
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 07:39 AM
KR5
Original Poster

Wow, thank you!
Autodidact- I have not decided if renting a car is the best idea but I read somewhere that its a beautiful drive along the coast and thought a mini road trip could be fun for us. Do you think we would be better off making day trips and using the train/bus?

Librarychica85- I have absolutley no idea what beach to travel to. We are going in the summer time so its going to be extremely hot and we want to go to the beach a couple times. We are willing to travel... what was your favorite beach? I would love to visit Cadiz. I am exciting to read your blog.

iris1745- the website is great! Thank you, truly any and every bit of advice will be helpful in my planning.