My husband & I are planning a trip to Paris in either May/ Sep. This is his first trip to Paris, but not mine. However, I wish to see Paris in detail as the last time I came with a package tour and did not manage to see much of it. We are planning about 4 days there.
Some guide books recommend hop-on-and-hop-off bus tours for exploring Paris. I am thinking of buying a 2-day Paris Pass: http://www.parispass.com/ This promised free entry to many museums and attraction and free travel within certain zones. My main concern is that we will be able to bypass the long queues and see as many places as possible within 2 days and then reserve the other 2 days for leisurely shopping and dining.
Is this a feasible plan? Is the Paris Pass worth a buy or does anyone think it is enough to buy a carnet of tickets and explore the city on our own? Note this is not the Paris Visite Pass; we are bypassing the PVP as it's not quite worth it in my opinion. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 4 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 5 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 6 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 7 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 8 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 9 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 10 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 11 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 12 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 13 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 14 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 15 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 16 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 22 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 23 Barcelona to Malaga
- 24 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 25 Christmas week in Ireland