Need Nuremberg hotel suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a hotel 90 Euro or less for two people. Have been looking a lot and have not come up with anything under 125 Euro. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks so much. Barb
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 07:44 AM

When are you going? We stayed at the Movenpick at the Nuremburg Airport last may and our total was about 85 euro. While not in the city center, it was a quick walk to the metro stop at the airport and another quick ten minute ride to town. We got free metro tickets as part of the hotel deal, as well as a free breakfast. I'm not sure what kind of deals they have going on when you are going, but its just a suggestion.

Tracy
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion Tracy. I am looking for something in the city center if at all possible but I will check out the Movenpick. Barb
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 01:00 AM

If you should happen to be there for a weekend, you might like this. We stayed there on the 3-for-2 plan but rates weren't World Cup inflated. We will book here again when we return next summer.

http://www.avenue-hotel.de/favorite.htm
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 05:28 AM

Babs, I totally understand. The historic center is great and if you can find a hotel there, definitely do it! We stayed near the airport only because we had an early flight out the next morning and wanted to make the best use of our time.

We love Nuremberg. We were only there for one night but were very pleasantly surprised by how great the city was. I would love to go back someday.

Tracy
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 07:43 AM

Like Tracy, I was surprised at how much I liked Nuremburg. I have stayed at the Ibis, the Astoria, and the Deutscher Hof - all were 75 euro or less for a single in May two years ago, so any of them might be in your range for a double. All were also literally just across the street from the wall of the city center, barely a five minute walk from the train station. The Ibis and Astoria have parking; the Deutscher Hof is the hotel Hitler stayed in whenever he was in town. The Ibis chain (there are 2 in town - maybe 3) is nice (and the least expensive) but bland. The Astoria was somewhat better, and the Deutscher Hof reeked of atmosphere. I did not make reservations beforehand, just walked up.
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 03:50 AM
travelaxe

hi
try checking out the following link:
http://destinia.com/hotels/hotels--i...urope/26907/en
they have a wide range and carry info about the hotels and their locations.
hope this is of use to you