This is my first time on this forum, but from what I gather, it's a great place to start research on all things travel. I hope to gather as much information as possible before we embark on our journey. Thanks in advance for the help!
My wife and I are looking in to our first European trip! We are in the planning phase of the process and will most likely purchase our plane tickets in the next 3-6 months with an arrival date between August-October of 2016. So, lots of time to plan a route and listen to all of the expert travelers in this forum for advice.
Here's a few things to consider before giving any advice:
- Independent travel is what we are leaning towards.
- Timing: 16 days (may push it to 17/18) depends on work schedules
- Would like to Fly into Amsterdam or depart from Amsterdam (no reason at all, just thought it would be fun to see it).
- Would like to see 3-5 cities if that is possible (I understand 16 days means around 14 days on the ground).
- Would like to travel by train to save on money
- We'll be utilizing AirBnb for the most part
- We love food, history and culture
- Both are first timers in Europe, so we figure a "beginners" route in Europe would be our best introduction to travel.
- We are flying from the West Coast of the United States
I hope I didn't miss anything to help with the advice, but ANY advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 3 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 4 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 5 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 6 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 7 Help with Venice Trip?
- 8 Dubrovnik
- 9 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 10 Norte Dame light show!
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 13 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 14 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 10 Days in Austria
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 Greece in end October
- 20 Champagne Tours
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 23 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Le Marche Research Help