We are visiting Europe this June along with our two kids - 6 and 2 years old. Need some suggestions on the itinerary please. We will be flying in and out of UK.
Here's what I have in mind :
Day 1. Fly in to Zurich from London. Rent a car from airport and drive to Lucerne or Engelberg. With kids and baggage I thought rental car be convenient than train.
Looking for accomodation now - I am leaning toward making lucerne the base for next 3 days. But came across chalets in engelberg too with lovely views.
Any suggestions where to stay- lucerne or engelberg ?
Day 2 & Day 3 : Explore Lucerne, Mt Titlis and surrounds- gondola ride etc. Any other suggestions ?
Day 4 : Arrive in Grindelwald in morning. Train to Jungfraujoch. Sleep in G'wald
DAy 5: explore thun and surrounds . Sleep in G'wald
Day 6 : Drive to Swiss Geneva to catch TGV to Paris. Arrive Paris in evening.
Day 7 & 8 : Paris
Need suggestions for the swiss part please. Deliberated much on taking a 4-day swiss pass vs. renting a car. But thought with the kids car would come handy, esp with luggage and going to dinner etc. Also not sure if the places we book for staying will be close enough to train station. Our younger one needs a pram- which means even if we take a train pass, we will have to take a 1st class pass since it is less crowded.
Appreciate your suggestions please.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 2 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Family vacation
- 5 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 6 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 7 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 8 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 9 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 10 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 11 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 which language school in Italy?
- 14 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 15 Driving
- 16 Dubrovnik
- 17 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 18 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 19 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Christmas Markets 2017
- 22 Budget trip
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Algarve Town Selection
- 25 paris to london- day trip