Husband and I are planning our first trip to Europe in 2016. We are both in our 30's but my parents are looking to tag along towards the end of the trip and are in their late 50's. We are ending the Poland portion of our trip by flying into Rome. Originally I planned to go to Positano because the images and reviews were stunning - lots of water activities and everything was gorgeous, however it's more efficient both in time and money for us to leave it out and instead go North to Florence and then end our trip with a relaxing few days in an Italian coastal city like Portofino or Cinque Terre. I keep reading reviews that rank Positano slightly above Portofino though - and can't help but feel like I'm missing out. We live in Hawaii and my Dad is a man of the water, so I am just looking for a coastal area where he can enjoy the ocean, Mom can enjoy reading a book on the beach with the charm of the city behind her, and my husband and I can enjoy a romantic dinner! I'm thinking if I keep Positano off the list I can always return someday and make it a trip of its own with Capri and Cicily and perhaps a hop over to Greece... but who knows if/when that will ever happen. What would you recommend, any coastal areas I'm overlooking? Is Positano a must-do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Malaga
- 2 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 3 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 4 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 First time in Spain
- 6 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 7 Paris Apartment
- 8 Visit to France
- 9 two days in Nice
- 10 Milan airport--which one
- 11 New fast track
- 12 Packing Champagne
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 15 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 16 Once upon a time in Italy
- 17 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 18 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 19 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 london or amsterdam
- 22 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 23 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 24 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 25 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma