Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > First time to Europe-Excited !!!!!!
Notices

First time to Europe-Excited !!!!!!

Jul 10th, 2016, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

First time to Europe-Excited !!!!!!

Hi everyone, I am from Asia and will be leaving to Europe at the end of the year (tentatively planned 9/12/2016-30/12/2016). I will arrive in London but I have not bought my return ticket yet. I am really new to Europe and I am hoping that all my friends here can give me some suggestions for my very first Europe Trip. Basically, some places which fixed in my mind include Paris(France) & Cologne(Germany), but I am thinking probably I can cover a little bit more apart from London, Paris & Germany. What say you? If I may ask, normally what will be the airline company you may consider when you want to travel to Asia cheaply( I need to get my ticket fly from Europe to Asia). Appreciate all your sharing in advance, if you have some great itinerary for a newbie like me, you may feel free to share with me. Thanks so much everyone !

cheers,
Valerie
Jul 10th, 2016, 05:50 AM

Ok, its winter in December (cold wet) and you have to get around at least one major festival which is Christmas.

So I'd aim to stay in the major cities and use the great public transport. Maybe three of max four bases.

I'd look at say London, Paris, Amsterdam and say Hamburg/Hanover or perhaps Berlin. I'd fly into London, train to Paris etc
Jul 10th, 2016, 06:46 AM

No idea about the best and most reliable airlines from Asia, but do check what you need to do for immigration requirements - like making sure you have a return ticket before you arrive.
Jul 10th, 2016, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks bilboburgler & PatrickLondon for your reminder, this sounds good reminder for me, I will make sure to have return ticket before my trip and yeap...I almost forgot that Europe is not like Malaysia-humid and hot all years long!

Search this Thread