First time in Seville/Andelusia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any recommendations for towns to visit in Andelusia? Cordoba, Nerge, Malaga?? Planning to do Seville/Andelusia at least 3-4 days of the Spain trip. First time in Spain, March 2004. Weather okay in March?

By the way how is September in Spain - Madrid, Barcelone, Seville/Andelusia? TOO HOT?
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 03:52 PM

If you love art, make sure you get to the Museo Picasso in Malaga--it's fantastic. Also worth going to in Malaga is the Castillo de Gibralfana, the Alcazar, and Picasso's house. A glass of wine on the terrace at the Parador is nice too.

We were in Spain last year in March and the weather varied from sunny and mild to rainy (but we're from Seattle, so that wasn't much of a problem for us.)

Also recommend the flamenco show at Los Gallos in Seville.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 05:41 PM

With only 3-4 days for all of Andalucia that's not much. I'd suggest just sticking with Sevilla and enjoying the city with perhaps a couple of daytrips (Carmona, Jerez, perhaps even Arcos). Can't speak to the March weather but I've been to Spain twice in April. Last year I was in Ubeda and Sevilla. We had rain/showers the first couple of days but after it cleared we enjoyed nice weather - probably about 75 during the day and in the 60's in the evening. The other trip I visited Galicia. It was the 60's for the first couple of days then took a bitter cold turn and the temperature must have dropped 30 degrees. I live in LA so this was quite a shock to my system but I still loved this area.

As for September, I've visited three times in mid-late September throughout much of the country. This is a great time to visit as it's not too hot (or cold) and the main tourist season is over. There are also alot of festivals during this time (my favorite time to visit).

Hope this helps!
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 07:28 PM
MMM

Vacation03,

I was in Seville in mid-March of this year and the weather was a warm 27 Celsius (about 80 Farenheit), while the evenings were pleasant and about 15 Celsius (high 50s Farenheit). It was sunny every day for the four days I was there. Not sure if this is typical.

MMM
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 11:50 PM
car

vacation03
for 3/4 days limit yourself to one place, I will suggest Seville.
March could be cold(fresh), considering that Andalucia has very mild winter.
First half September will be hot and second half improving but still warm.
For Madrid and Barcelona September first half will still need a/c for the central hours of the day, but comfortably warm in the evenings.

Old Dec 19th, 2003, 12:47 AM
RAR

I did Arcos as a daytrip from Seville. Was really nice to see one of the fabled "white towns" .. and I hardly saw anyone there who was not Spanish. Was great!
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

thanks a ton for the feedback! Yes will probably stick with Seville, Granada..

So this is the plan what do you think:
day 1: leave US for madrid
day 2: madrid
day 3; day trip to toledo or vice versa and overnight in toledo
day 4: Barcelona
Day 5: Barcelona
day 6: Barcelona
Day 7: Seville
Day 8: Seville/Andelusia towns
Day 9: Andelusia
Day 10: Andelusia towns
Day 11: back to Madrid and fly back to US

Old Dec 19th, 2003, 04:31 PM

RAR:
How did you do a day trip to Arcos? Did you take a bus, train or car? How long does it take to get there? Thanks
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 07:40 AM

I would also check out Cordoba. It's less than an hour away from Sevilla...a little further from Carmona if you visit Carmona. Cordoba is beautiful and you can't miss it!
I spent a month in Sevilla this past July--I drove to Carmona spent the morning there, and the rest of the day in Cordoba. I ended up going back to spend another day in Cordoba, since it was so great.
Either way--you are bound to have a great time in Andalusia!
Have fun
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 10:57 AM
RAR

Arcos is a 1.5 hour bus ride from the bus station near Plaza de Espana. You might have to change in Jerez like I did.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 05:19 PM

We did a trip from Barcelona, though the south to Portugal and back inland to Madrid this year in September.

Yes, it was hot, but not unbearable, and it didn't rain at all. Absolutely beautiful.

I'm a little confused as to why you are going Madrid, Barcelona, and then back over to Seville.

Wouldn't it be easier to fly into Barcelona, and then just head west/southwest from there?

Seville's a good place if you don't have a lot of time on your hands. I personally LOVED Cordoba, but you may not have the time, and Seville was great too.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

I know..unfortunately we got the cheapest tickets rt 486 from CA to Madrid only...and we just grabbed it without doing more research on whether to land in B or Madrid!

But this is what we have decided based on all your inputs..

Madrid(2 days) - side trip to Segovia, really want to see the Alcazar castle..looks gorgeous.
AVE day trip to Cordoba..
AVE night to Seville
SEville(2 days) - staying put if we love it - if we feel enough we'll do the arcos day trip..
Train or Bus to Granada - 1 night stay
Morning flight to Barcelona
Barcelona(2.5 days)
Morning flight to Madrid...back home to US..

considering the Granada to B and B to Madrid flights were only 40$ each..it was cheaper than the AVE also!