We are planning our very first trip to Italy, and hoping to visit Rome, Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast. We will be there at the tail end of August through the first week of September. Tentative Itinerary:
Arrive in Rome, then straight to Amalfi Coast (3 days). Then Tuscany (3 days) then Rome (3 days) then return home.
- should we drive or train? We would've just landed in Rome, so I'm not sure if it's over ambitious to want to drive on the roads of Italy with the jet lag, but I hear it's beautiful!
- should we stay in Positano or Naples
- is it worth going to Capri for a day
- really want to explore the countryside of Italy and either bike or drive in the area, planning to make Siena our base, good idea?
- which areas are best for recreational biking?
- any suggestions for cooking lessons for a day (not too expensive)
- plan to visit: Siena, Florence, San Gamignano, and Cortona
- any hotel suggestions?
Thank you in advance for all your suggestions and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact AOL Tec*h care
- 2 Spain or Portugal
- 3 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 4 Arezzo - how much time?
- 5 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 6 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 7 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 8 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 9 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 10 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 11 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 12 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 13 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 14 9 day trip to France
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 17 2 week May trip with kids
- 18 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 19 Which Aran Island??
- 20 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 21 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 22 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 23 Easter Week in Italy
- 24 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 25 Airport Transfer