My husband and I are looking to go to Italy next year for our one year anniversary. We were planning on going around Thanksgiving, because we both get a few extra days off around then, that would help with extending our trip. We are planning, thus far, to leave on Saturday morning (before Thanksgiving)--expected landing around early Sunday morning, and stay until the following Thursday (after Thanksgiving)--at the earliest, Saturday at the latest. Meaning we should have approximately 10.5 days minimum, 12.5 days maximum of actual in Italy time (this does not count the travel days and time).
We were wondering if any of you could help us with a general idea of what cities to visit, and how many days to spend in those cities? (And possibly any tips or places to definitely check out would be greatly appreciated!).
We were considering Venice, Florence, Rome, and/or Naples/Pompeii (but we are open to suggestions on other cities as well). We love museums and sight seeing and history and are eager to try some great food and espresso We know we can't visit all of those areas in one trip, so we were wondering which ones we should definitely see, being our first time in Italy, and which ones we should focus more time on.
Any help is much appreciated!!
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 5 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Best Greek Island
- 8 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 9 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 10 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 11 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 12 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 13 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 14 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 15 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 16 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 19 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 20 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 21 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 22 The World's Greatest Churches
- 23 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 24 Recommendations for 3 night golf package in the ALgarve
- 25 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017