Sydney-sider from Australia here. I'm going to Lublin, Poland end of Feb for a 6-week volunteer program followed by some solo travel through Europe. Not a luxurious trip, happy to stay in hostels and travel on a budget but nothing extremely tight. I'm looking into one way ticket out of Sydney so can head home from wherever and would really appreciate any travel advice about anything and everything! Some info about my trip ideas below:
While in Poland - 6 weekends, 3 or 4 of which I would like to spend in Lublin, Warsaw, Wroclaw and Krakow. The other two weekends I was thinking of a close weekend trip to another country. Not too sure how feasible this is?
After Poland - 6-7 weeks of travelling. Any advice for plane/rail would be great (e.g. what Eurail pass would be best, when airline carriers are better than rail for which ever countries and vice versa, what routes to take, ideal time in each place)!
Primary countries/cities I definitely want to visit: Romania (Cluj & Bucharest), Hungary (Budapest), Czech Republic (Prague), Germany (Berlin & Munich), UK (London).
Secondary countries/cities given time and money is available: Austria (Vienna), Switzerland, France, Belgium, Netherlands.
Looking forward to hearing some responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 2 Paris Apartment
- 3 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 4 Milan airport--which one
- 5 Which Area in London?
- 6 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 7 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 8 Visit to France
- 9 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 12 family trip to Germany and more
- 13 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 14 Trains - website?
- 15 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 16 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 17 Barcelona to Malaga
- 18 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 19 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 22 1st time to Europe
- 23 Paris November 2017
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!