Hey fellow travelers:
I'm going to Europe for the first time by myself this summer. I'll be spending the month of July in Madrid as part of a study abroad course. I'll make weekend trips to Barcelona and Seville while there, so I've got Spain covered. When the course is done, I'm planning to stay in Europe for another three weeks (max) to check out some cities I've never seen. I'll travel by myself (I'm a woman) for about 7 to 9 days...then my 22-year old daughter (who's never been to Europe at all) will join me for about 10 days of the trip. I have friends in Scotland, so I'll spend a few days with them and will fly home to San Diego via Glasgow at the end of my trip. I've already seen: London, Paris, Florence and parts of Tuscany. For this trip, I'm thinking of seeing:
1) Amsterdam (definitely)
2) Prague (probably)
3) Maybe Paris again (so I can bring my daughter, tho I'm unsure I want to go to a city I've already seen when there are so many I haven't seen)
4) or instead of Paris...Provence?
5) London?? (just for my daughter, tho again, I've already been there)
My budget is "3-star". Can't go above that. Public transportation only - no rental cars. Trains, Ryanair and EasyJet are all part of the plan. I LOVE to walk. I'm in good shape and can walk for miles on end.
All that said, what would you seasoned Europe travelers recommend? Both for the solo portion of my trip and the part with my daughter? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 installations CONTACT LEXMARK Techh care
- 2 Malaga Christmas lights
- 3 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 4 Scotland ideas
- 5 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 6 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 7 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 8 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 11 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 12 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 13 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 14 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 15 tinnitus
- 16 Tips for first trip to UK
- 17 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 18 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 19 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 20 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 21 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 22 London vacation rental agency
- 23 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 24 land vs river cruise
- 25 The World's Greatest Churches
Hey fellow travelers: