Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

first round of discounted fall/winter fares by Delta.

Aug 15th, 2000, 02:52 PM
sally

In case any of you are interested, Delta sent out an email today announcing discounted fall/winter fares to Europe today. Must buy ticket by Aug 31, for travel 10/1 through Feb 2001 I believe. Also, must purchase ticket on their website. These may not be the best because they are also offering 10,000 sky miles per trip and we all know what those are worth---ZERO!!!!!

Aug 15th, 2000, 04:34 PM
Linda

Sally,
Could you please elaborate on your comment about Delta miles being 'worthless'. We are Canadians fed up with the Air Canada fiasco. We have started to look into using a US based FF program and don't want more aggrevation with our points!

Aug 15th, 2000, 05:55 PM
JOAN DOYLE

I don't know what Linda means when she says Delta frequent flyer miles are "worthless." I had to cancel a trip on which I was using FF miles two years ago because of surgery but Delta kept them in my file and this year I'm using them to fly to London in November. A friend who used the same type of upgrade reported the flight was first-rate--so I hope mine will be too. Joan

Aug 16th, 2000, 02:41 AM
Mike Murphy

Delta FF miles worth "ZERO"? Been using them since they are PanAm FF miles and find them more flexible than others.

We're planning a January trip to Europe so I've been following Delta and other air sites for deals (out of JFK). We've made this trip many times before and if history repeats, Delta will put their best fares up for sale just after Thanksgiving (must be for the holiday rush).

But then again, I don't remember Delta offering discounts this early for Fall/Winter - actually they started in July with a lower fare than they're offering now.

Aug 16th, 2000, 04:46 AM
sally

okay, okay maybe they are not worthless. if you do triple back flips, and turn over your first born child you MIGHT get to use them. Depends on which Delta agent your talking to that day.

Aug 16th, 2000, 10:48 AM
Me

Air France usually follows suit a few days after Delta - anyone heard anything??

Aug 16th, 2000, 10:55 AM
Tammy

I saw some good deals to London on Expedia. Too bad I can't go right now, not enough vacation time

Aug 17th, 2000, 04:54 AM
rlk

---
Buy now??? Or should I wait just a bit longer to see if there'll be one more price break?

REALLY want to use Delta for my trip to Italy, leaving in mid-October. I have a voucher from Delta worth $500 --- and after using this voucher, I will have $269 to pay for balance of ticket price (total = $769). Of course $269 is a damn good deal from Dallas to Milan, but if the total fare drops AGAIN . . .

Decisions, decisions !!!

(P.S. The voucher came my way from a trip in June - I agreed to take a later flight (bad weather delay) and got this as compensation).