Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   first name incorrect on sncf ticket (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/first-name-incorrect-on-sncf-ticket-1061619/)

beautifulchevy1 Jul 13th, 2015 04:26 PM

first name incorrect on sncf ticket

we booked six tickets .. tickets printed .. but one has wrong first name..how do we get this fixed or is it necessary to do so.. tickets are etickets have tried without luck to reach SNCF questions.. how to reach them from Canada and should we be worried about wrong first name..

stokebailey Jul 13th, 2015 05:20 PM

I'd be surprised if this were an issue.

RonZ Jul 13th, 2015 07:24 PM

A ticket is a ticket. No worries.

greg Jul 13th, 2015 07:51 PM

I doubt it is even necessary. I have swapped first/last names, and I didn't think the ticket inspector even looked at the names. If you have otherwise valid ticket, sitting at the assigned place, and no one else is complaining about your presence, the ticket inspector is not interested in spending any more time with you. SNCF is not like another unnamed companies from an unnamed country whose revenue model is to extra every possible fee by catching every mistake made by passengers.

Seamus Jul 13th, 2015 08:35 PM

would not give it a second thought.

kerouac Jul 13th, 2015 10:09 PM

Not a problem at all, especially with a group. It is highly unlikely that the ticket checker will even look at the names.

bilboburgler Jul 14th, 2015 12:59 AM

No worries, no inspector has ever gone beyond looking at my ticket and chatting about Le Tour. They have more than enough to do without pestering a bunch of tourists to show him a passport on a whim

stokebailey Jul 14th, 2015 07:11 AM

Not as if you're crossing a border.

pariswat Jul 14th, 2015 07:59 AM

My wife showed a ticket with my name (when travelling alone).
Made the guy laugh. Asked that next time we put the correct name.

beautifulchevy1 Jul 14th, 2015 04:22 PM

I was very worried as we are going from Paris France to Barcelona Spain . So basically everyone thinks no problem with wrong fist name? Plus Sncf was notified by email within hours that there was a problem.
But is there a phone number for them that can be reached from Canada... the one they have posted does not work...
as the booker for the group I tend to over think the plans made for the group

We already had one problem where we booked direct flight tickets home from Barcelona to Toronto and paid for them thinking they were direct.. .. but AirTransat and CAA changed the flight to stop and wait for an hour at Montreal without any recourse in price .If we had booked it that way it would have saved us $178 Canadian per person.. however.. lesson learned .. direct does not mean no stops.....
.. Don't want any more problems with this " trip of a lifetime "

kerouac Jul 14th, 2015 08:54 PM

Yes, a lot of people confuse "nonstop" and "direct." Some direct flights have multiple stops.

bilboburgler Jul 14th, 2015 11:12 PM

trains and planes are different