I am in the process of planning a "backpacking" trip to Europe this summer. I have been to the UK before but not alone. I am wondering if anyone has general tips or advice. I would ideally like to hit up France, Amsterdam, Italy, Portugal, Spain if possible and/or any where in between in about 2 weeks (obviously some spots will not make the final itinerary.) I have been using SkyScanner for flights and I am curious about trains or busses or general transportation once in the city. Any must see spots? Good hostels? Budgets (other than flight budgets)?
All appreciated! Thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving
- 2 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 6 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 7 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 8 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 9 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 10 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 11 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 20 Malaga Christmas lights
- 21 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 22 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 23 Poland--where else to go
- 24 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 25 5 days in Andalusia