My husband and I are planning our first trip to Italy next September 2015 and wanted to get some advice on a possible itinerary.
First things first, you should know that we are in our mid/late 20's and are very fit and energetic. We love to get up early, walk everywhere and explore all day long. Though we enjoy some museums, we do not like to spend our whole day at them so usually we can explore a lot of ground and see a lot of sites in one day! We have both been to Europe once before (September 2013 - London, Paris, Amsterdam) so we got a little taste of exploring, seeing sites in foreign cities, taking the trains, etc. Though I know that each country/trip is very different, I just wanted to point that out.
Here is a possible itinerary we are thinking. Any advice would be really helpful and appreciated on if you think this itinerary works with timing? locations? train/transit availability?
Thurs 9/10 - Red Eye to Venice
Friday 9/11 - Arrive Venice in late evening
Saturday 9/12 - Venice
Sunday 9/13 - Venice
Monday 9/14 - Venice / Train to Florence (~4hr train?)
Tuesday 9/15 - Florence
Wednesday 9/16 - Florence (Day Trip to Pisa)
Thursday 9/17 - Florence / Train to Rome (~4hr train?)
Friday 9/18 - Rome
Saturday 9/19 - Rome
Sunday 9/20 - Rome
Monday 9/21 - Rome
Tuesday 9/22 - Rome / Train to Naples (~2hr train) / Bus or Ferry (best way to get there?) to Almafi Coast (TBD on specific location)
Wednesday 9/23 - Almafi Coast
Thursday 9/24 - Almafi Coast (Day Trip to Capri)
Friday 9/25 - Almafi Coast OR make way back to Naples
Saturday 9/26 - Fly home from Naples
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My France Vacation
- 2 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 3 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 4 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 5 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 6 Malaga Christmas lights
- 7 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 8 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 9 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 10 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 11 Poland--where else to go
- 12 The World's Greatest Churches
- 13 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 14 10 days in europe
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 17 Trans Siberian Train
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 21 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 22 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 23 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 24 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 25 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)