I am planning my first overseas trip to Europe. I will be going solo for 2 months. Because its my first trip solo I am going on a Contiki tour for the first two weeks of my trip to get my feet and bearings. Before Contiki I will kick around with some family in UK for 2 weeks as well. So I have 4 weeks left to really venture out by myself. (Sept/Oct)
The purpose of my trip is to check out some old buildings and sights. Not overly keen on museums but I will go to a few to immerse myself in some history.
Contiki is a slow pace tour and spends approx 2 nights in each place. I will see: Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and Rome.
So I am hoping for some advice on my draft itinerary (post Contiki).
- Florence: 5 nights
- Siena: 1 night
- Cinque Terre: 4 nights
- Milan: 1 night
- Venice: 3 nights
- Switzerland: 5 nights
- Zagreb: 1 nights
- Dubrovnic: 3 nights
- Budapest: 3 nights
- Barcelona: 4 nights
Does the above make sense in way of being a logical route and reasonable amount of days in each place?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL Password Recovery Contact 1888~279 0246 AOL Tec*h sup0rt care 24by7
- 2 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 3 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 4 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 5 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 6 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 9 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 12 tinnitus
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 15 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 16 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 17 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 18 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 19 London vacation rental agency
- 20 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 21 Scotland ideas
- 22 land vs river cruise
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 25 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond