Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Firenze (Florence) - photos from recent trip (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/firenze-florence-photos-from-recent-trip-568502/)

Olegis Nov 3rd, 2005 12:13 AM

Firenze (Florence) - photos from recent trip

Hi all,

You may remember my last two posts with photographs from my recent trip to Italy, so here it comes again - this time the Firenze gallery !

The address is - http://www.pbase.com/olegis/firenze&page=all

Please feel free to drop by and leave a comment or two :-)

bobthenavigator Nov 3rd, 2005 04:18 AM

Wow---you are GOOD !
You seem to perceive more of your environs than most---a common attribute for those who are always looking for their next great shot.

kopp Nov 3rd, 2005 05:05 AM

Oh no! My computer is giving me a message that your page cannot be displayed. I even tried 3 times, knowing how wonderful they will be (from previous viewings!!)

I will certainly try again. Thanks in advance. I know they'll be terrific.

kopp Nov 3rd, 2005 10:51 AM

Finally successful at viewing your beautiful photographs. Again, you capture the essence of the city.

Love especially the bridges!

Thanks for taking the time to post all these terrific pictures.

Olegis Nov 3rd, 2005 01:41 PM

Thank you guys ! You are too kind :-)

LJ Nov 3rd, 2005 01:57 PM

When an old and very well-traveled friend of my mother's heard I was headed to Florence for the first time, she told me "This city has a quality of light like no other on earth: it is the champagne of light". I found that to be true, but my pictures do not reveal what my eyes saw. Yours do. Complimente, signore/a(?).

wantagig Nov 3rd, 2005 02:23 PM

Positively gorgeous! I assume you are a professional photographer? I've been to Firenze 3 times and found myself lingering over these photos of yours. I felt like I was there all over again. I could go for a caffe lungo right about now. Thanks for sharing!

BabsB Nov 3rd, 2005 02:27 PM

Fabulous pics, thanks for sharing.

tpatricco Nov 3rd, 2005 03:26 PM

Beautiful! As I yearn for another trip to Italy. Your images of Rome were better than postcards...

I very much enjoyed your portraits too.

Thanks so much for sharing! Trish

viaggio_sempre Nov 3rd, 2005 06:38 PM

Inspiring, thanks.

TRSW Nov 3rd, 2005 06:50 PM

Bravo!! Were the sunset shots taken from Piazzle Michelangelo?

Tom

Olegis Nov 4th, 2005 09:49 AM

Many thanks to all of you for such warm replies !

LJ - it's definitely a signore :-)

wantagig - no, I'm not a pro, just amateur bitten by the photography bug ... :-)

TRSW - you're right, it's Piazzle Michelangelo indeed.

PaulafromNY Nov 4th, 2005 06:23 PM

Awesome, thanks.

francophile03 Nov 4th, 2005 07:10 PM

Thanks for sharing those fantastic photos, Olegis. They look better than postcards!

wantagig Nov 5th, 2005 08:37 AM

Olegis:

You can quit your day job. You could easily have a career in photography! Some of the images had me gasping at the beauty. Two of my favorites: I loved the yellow building with the pink flowers in the foreground. There was another shot of the duomo at dusk that is just so lovely. Bravo!

cd Nov 5th, 2005 09:22 AM

Beautiful postcard pictures! Do you have one of David?

i_am_kane Nov 5th, 2005 10:34 AM

Olegis,

You are an artist. I have never seen more beautiful photographs of Italia than your collection.

I keep forwarding them to my children in anticipation of our June 2006 trip.

Thank you so much for sharing.

MaureenB Nov 5th, 2005 10:47 AM

Thanks for your photo post. They are beautiful! Someday...

Tries2PakLite Nov 5th, 2005 11:36 AM

Absolutely beautiful! And it looks like you had perfect weather. Thanks for sharing.
((c))

Olegis Nov 5th, 2005 09:31 PM

Thank you all !

cd - unfortunately I don't have the photograph of the original David, the photography is strictly forbidden in the Academia museum ... :-(