Fira taverna-s with caldera veiw

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2016, 01:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In response to a post on Perrisa it was noted that there was of course no caldera veiw
As I intend to at least head into Fira on evening can anyone advise me on a taverna where I can sip a cold beer and enjoy the veiw

Thanks if some one knows a nice one

Oh do any have Greek music also
Thanks again
Old Nov 24th, 2016, 05:44 AM

Hope someone see this thread and reply, because I'm interested in the answer too.
What is better than a taverna with caldera view AND Greek music
Old Nov 24th, 2016, 07:38 AM

Not specifically but I have a suggestion: You're using the public bus on Santorini? Just walk 3 blocks uphill from the main bus station in Fira and you'll come to the top of the cliff overlooking the caldera. There's a walkway there that more or less follows the cliff top and there are a number of tavernas and restaurants along the way.

It may take you a while to find one you like so give yourself 20-30 minutes for that. But the view and the walk are very pleasant. Head north along the cliff, I think there are more places in that direction. Can't help you with music. We were there during the day.

We spent three days on Santorini in October and stayed in Oia. (If I did it over I would stay in Fira and visit Oia.) Couple of things: We took the bus from Oia to Fira. The buses ran every 30 minutes during the day and gave good service. The bus trip was around 30-40 minutes so allow for that. Your trip from Perissa looks to be at least that long. Also, our hotel in Oia was on the "back" side and didn't have a view of the caldera. You have to pay for that view and looking at the Agean was nice. You have to consider your budget and decide. In retrospect, for a 2 or 3 night stay I would spend the extra and go for the caldera view. Consider your age too. The caldera side is very steep. You may have to carry your luggage down some stairs to get to hotels there. Or wait for a donkey.
Old Nov 24th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

At 76 I will consider my age and the terrain but a good
Plan may be to rest up in taverns I pass and have refreshments

Thanks for your good explantion it should be enjoyable
Old Nov 24th, 2016, 11:20 AM

From the bus square walk uphill to the pedestrian-only clifftop path as advised. Turn Right at the Atlantis Hotel and walk a short distance to the Palia Kameni Bar. No steps if you get there early enough. If it's full continue to the next one, the Enigma Cafe. Past that one is the Cafe Classico.
Old Nov 24th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Great thanks --no end of support for a gent looking vor a beer with a veiw

Lol