Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Finally! Long Anticipated Trip To Italy, Thanks!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 03:28 AM
nancy

This has been a long time in the works, and I have been receiving help from you guys for the last 14 months, on everything from: <BR> <BR>The wearing of a bikini, at my age, <BR>To whether the Italians will think I am pretentious if I try and speak Italian <BR>A day trip to Pisa <BR>Tickets for the Villa Borghese. <BR>Finding a "liberation" ring <BR>And through out the last 3 months, with this marital blow-up that has occured. <BR>The advice and support has been wonderful, and we will have a GREAT time in Rome and Formia, <BR>Husband is coming for the first 10 days, and all will go well. <BR>then as he departs, best friend, and children's "favorite" auntie will fly over to be with us. <BR>It will be a menorable vacation, and the first of many for the children and myself. <BR> <BR>After I get back, you all can help me plan my first overseas solo, for next spring! <BR> <BR>Have a great few weeks, <BR>"I'll be back" <BR>The Thank You Queen, <BR>Nancy <BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 03:40 AM
stacey

Nancy - <BR> <BR>Good luck! Have a great time. Can't wait to meet you and see the pictures in September! <BR> <BR>S

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 04:00 AM
Dana

Nancy, have a great time. I can't believe it's finally here! <BR> <BR>Can't wait to hear all about it. <BR> <BR>Dana

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 06:19 AM
Patti Suttle

Nancy-posting everywhere so you will get my message! Yes, you have a wonderful time and I will be thinking of you and yours! And, I am going Continental too! We'll be landing from LAX at 5:20 and leaving for Shannon at 7:00. We COULD see each other! That would be just way too fun!! I have red hair and will be the one 'WITH 9 OTHER PEOPLE!!" And, again-thanks for trying for the Leaning Tower! <BR>Patti

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 06:41 AM
Book Chick

Nancy, <BR>Good luck, God bless, safe travels & by the way "a woman your age" can do ANYTHING! <BR> <BR>This trip or solo in the future, you're going to be great. <BR> <BR>Have a lovely, wonderful time! <BR>BC (aka Queen of the Geeks!)

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 07:37 AM
Linda

Nancy, hope you have a great time! You deserve it, especially your break in Formia. (Don't worry, your trip to Naples AP to pick up your friend will go well, I'm sure.) We expect a LONG trip report when you return from such an exciting trip. <BR> <BR>Buon Viaggio <BR>Linda

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 01:30 PM
pam

Buon Viaggio Nancy

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 01:48 PM
nancy

Thanks everyone! <BR>Now that I have somewhat recovered from the airline canceling our flight and booking us on an earlier flight (5 hrs earlier!) <BR>I think I am able to breath again. <BR>We will have fun, and again, <BR>thanks.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 03:46 PM
AC

Nancy: <BR>Have a wonderful time and remember the "best is yet to come"

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 04:40 PM
Gloria

Nancy! Enjoy every minute of every day! I always laugh when I remember the Italian men blowing kisses at me. Have a safe, wonderful, funfilled trip!!! <BR>Ciao! <BR>Gloria

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 02:41 AM
nancy

thanks so! <BR>we leave in 2 1/2 hrs for our 5 hr drive. <BR>then flight. <BR>If any of you wake in the mid of night, we will be in rome, 2am EST !! <BR>Bye!

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 02:43 AM
nancy

Book Chic, <BR>I know we can! <BR>And I do have that bikini, to the ultimate embarrassment of my oldest child.! <BR>

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 04:45 AM
Beth Anderson

wow Nancy, I bet you do not see this. I think you are on the road. <BR> <BR>you have a great trip!! <BR> <BR>I will think of you... <BR> <BR>Beth