I've posted previously and received much help (although we have since deviated somewhat) which was appreciated. I was hoping that I could ask for help once more with finalising our month-long France itinerary which looks like this:
3 nights Paris (then train to Aix-en-Provence, pick up hire car and then drive to Bargemon)
4 nights Bargemon
1 week Antibes
1 week Bonnieux
****8 nights – undecided ??
1 night Paris
We are stuck on where to spend our final week/8 days.
We are two adults and two children (3yo and 6yo).
We will be in Bonnieux and will eventually need to be in Paris to fly home. We have 8 days to play with. We will have a hire car but for ease of travel would be willing to relinquish car to take the train, and then pick up another hire car.
Splitting the 8 days between two locations is also a possibility.
As we will be spending so much of our trip already in Provence, we are keen to explore an area with different architecture/landscape.
We are hoping to avoid places/regions we have visited previously:
- Around Loches (Loire) – loved!
- St Emilion (Bordeaux) – loved!
- Carcasson – did not enjoy (too touristy)
- Beaune (Burgundy) – loved!
- Champagne region – mostly enjoyed.
- Luberon (we are returning to as we loved it so much)
Also, for a few reasons we are not keen to visit the west-coast.
We don’t have any out of the ordinary interests. We do enjoy wine, walking/biking, boat trips, (we are quite active, well as active as those travelling with young children can be). Mostly we like driving around and exploring towns/soaking up atmosphere. Museums/galleries are not of importance at this stage due to travelling with young children. Interesting towns/landscape is what we are looking for (pretty general I know).
If anyone, based on the information above, has any areas/regions they could recommend (or any other guidance) it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 18OO: 68I :72O8 installations CONTACT EPSON Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Advise Needed
- 3 10 days in europe
- 4 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 5 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 6 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 7 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 8 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 9 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 land vs river cruise
- 12 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 13 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 14 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 15 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 16 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 17 Scotland ideas
- 18 Tips for first trip to UK
- 19 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 20 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 21 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 22 The World's Greatest Churches
- 23 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 24 Malaga Christmas lights
- 25 Portugal