Thank you all so much for your help planning this trip! Just to recap...my father, sister, brother-in-law and I surprised my mom for a big birthday with a family trip to Sicily. She has been doing a lot of family ancestry research so she is more than excited to go, especially with all of us!
Here is our (basically) finalized itinerary!!! If there is anything you see that we should change or add, I'd appreciate your help. I know it's a very full itinerary, but we like to keep busy!
Thanks again, your advice is truly appreciated!
July 8- JFK to Palermo
July 9- Arrive in Palermo (3:10pm) bus to hotel. Palermo sightseeing
July 10- bus to Monreale in am, Palermo in pm.
July 11- bus back to the airport to pick up rental car. Visit Erice (1 hr) and Segesta (35 mins) on the way to Selinunte (1hr)
July 12- drive to Montevago for research (40 mins). drive to Agrigento (2hrs)
July 13- Agrigento-valley of the temples. Drive to Porto Empedocle for research (15 mins) then Agrigento pm.
July 14- Agrigento (research). drive to Piazza Armerina (1h 40m) on the way to Syracuse (2h).
July 15- Syracuse and Ortigia and side trip to Noto (45 mins)
July 16- stop in Castelmola (1h 30m) on way to Torre Faro (1h 10m)- Mortelle beach?
July 17- hydrofoil from Milazzo (1h) to Lipari
July 18- Messina (research) and sightseeing
July 19- Taormina(1h)
July 20- Catania(50m) 11:10flight to JFK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 2 First time in Spain
- 3 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 4 Trains - website?
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 GTG Paris December 2017
- 7 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 8 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 9 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 10 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 11 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 14 Paris Apartment
- 15 Visit to France
- 16 Barcelona to Malaga
- 17 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 18 Which Area in London?
- 19 family trip to Germany and more
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 22 Packing Champagne
- 23 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 24 Milan airport--which one
- 25 two days in Nice