Thanks to many of you for already providing valuable insights and links to more resources for our mid-September trip (pre-cruise from Barcelona). I've booked my flights today…so on to the next step…accommodations and length of time per stop. I'd love to hear your comments about both of these…especially if you think I should spend more time somewhere and less time somewhere else. I'm particularly unclear of how to best handle French Basque area.
Here's what I'm planning to do unless convinced otherwise.
Day 1 (Thursday): Arrive Bilbao airport 1500; Hotel Miro (we're arriving after 3 flights and 19hr. 20 min total flight time so might just have enough energy for pintxos nearby)
Day 2 (Friday): see Guggenheim, maybe Art Museum, then get bus to
San Sebastian; Sercotel Codina hotel.
Day 3 (Saturday): San Sebastian; Sercotel Codina hotel; get rental car at SS airport and tour Hondaribbia in afternoon
Day 4 (Sunday) drive to St. Jean de Luz, France; La Reserve Hotel
Day 5 (Monday) St. Jean de Luz; La Reserve Hotel (visit Biarritz)
Day 6 (Tuesday) St. Jean de Luz: La Reserve Hotel (visit mountain towns) OR Ainhoa; Ithurria Hotel OR spend another night at Hotel Arche in St. Etienne de Baigorry
Day 7 (Wednesday) St. Etienne de Baigorry; Hotel Arche
Day 8 (Thursday) drive to Ainsa, Spain; Los Siete Reyes
Day 9-12 (Friday-Monday) Return car in Barcelona; Condes de Barcelona
Day 12: Depart Barcelona on a 10 day Mediterranean cruise
Thanking you in advance for taking the time to respond during this busy holiday season!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1888 : 279 : O246 installations CONTACT HP Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 3 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 8 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 tinnitus
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 14 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 15 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 16 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 20 Scotland ideas
- 21 land vs river cruise
- 22 The World's Greatest Churches
- 23 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 24 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 25 Trans Siberian Train